0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2010 11:29 AM by starko RSS

Terrible Program Changes

starko Silver
Currently Being Moderated
The changes to the Marriott Rewards program are absolutely  terrible.  Like others, I use my reward points to book hotels one week at a time (generally category 6 or 7 properties).  With the new rewards structure it would cost me approximately 60% more points to book a category 6 or 7 hotel reward for one week.  Who does this benefit?  I do not care about the free night when I book 4 nights because almost all of my stays are a week in length.  I am only a silver elite member and there is no change in the bonus percentage that I would receive.  In addition, the extra bonus percentage platinum members would receive in no way makes up for the added points it would take to obtain a hotel reward for one week in a category 6 or 7 property.  I really wish Marriott Rewards would have polled elite members about this new structure before it was instituted.  I am sure they would have received similar feedback and thought twice about changing the program.  Maybe it is time to be more loyal to another hotel program!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...