2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 11, 2010 11:51 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

basketballref

basketballref Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I think these changes are good but I also think that for those of us who travel alot and reach the Platinum levels or even the gold levels there should be other added benefits. I think the biggest 2 are parking and internet at full service locations. Why are the other properties free for internet and the full service properties still charging high prices for us to use the internet? Parking keeps going up and keeps being added to different properties across the country - why?

• Re: basketballref
    cigargenius Platinum

I agree ref. I would also like to add that I stayed at a Renesance last Friday night and asked about the concierge lounge for breakfast. They close it on the weekends, so I asked for a complimentary breakfast for platinum membership and I was denied my request. I was embarasses that I had to ask and then be denied. I hate to be "that guy who thinks he is entitled", but come on.

I was at a Residence Inn this past month and reserved a King room. something came up and I had a guest with me, so I requested two beds. They had plenty of rooms vacant, but insisted on charging me extra $30 if I wanted two beds. I thought that being a platinum member would allow some sort of upgrade. I never thought an extra bed was considered an upgrade. Denied!

I feel like the Platinum level is not respected as it should be. They are losing touch. I think I am going to lean my business in the Hilton direction from here on. I have never been denied a Diamond benefit at Hilton; even on weekends!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: basketballref
    tjcnewyork Platinum

$30 for an extra bed @ Residence Inn? That's surprising. Do you mean $30 to upgrade to a 2 bedroom/2 bath suite?  In addition to a Queen or King bed, Residence Inns typically have a pull-out sofabed.  According to Marriott Rewards T&C, Residence Inn and TownePlace Suites (tend to be Elite agnostic and) do not participate in complimentary upgrades.*  This change has been in place for nearly 2 years.  Several Elite members have voiced angst about this. I've found that this policy can vary.

Recently, my wife and I stayed at a Residence Inn. We were joined by her sister and husband.  Rather than step over ourselves and not enjoy our weekend getaway, I requested an upgrade to a 2 bedroom king suite.  The front desk had one vacant suite with 2 kings and 2 baths available and was happy to oblige for $40/night which we all thought was a deal since I booked the room on a PointSavers.   Our guests enjoyed their privacy and were very impressed that the suite had HDTVs, a full-service kitchen and that breakfast buffet was included.  Residence Inns have complimentary popcorn which can turn an evening watching a game into a tailgate party.

Marriott Rewards T&C, see Upgrade Rewards paragraph 6"Most resorts require upgrades for rooms with special views, such as ocean or bay view. Where available, 2-Bedroom Suites at Residence Inn by Marriott and TownePlace Suites by Marriott require the use of an Upgrade Reward. Marriott Vacation Club locations require Upgrade Rewards for 3-bedroom suites."

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...