1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 21, 2008 5:03 PM by commuter RSS

No Breakfast left at 9:20AM

steve2242 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I am a 125 nights this year Platinum member. One of my biggest irritants is getting to the lounge 10 minutes before closing to find virtually no food left out. Often I will be working in my room and realize that I have only a few minutes to get breakfast, only to find that when I arrive, I am treated like someone who arrived late for work!

You should be able to get exactly the same food at 9:30 as you do at 8AM. I can't tell you how many excellent properties let the employees dictate early closing of the food because the sooner they shut the line down, the less work they have to do. The outstanding lounges leave the food out an extra 15 minutes & then ask if you need anything else.

Other lounge irritants:

1. Drink napkins for breakfast. Smart lounges (Palm Beach gardens, Renaissance LAX) even have CLOTH!!

2. Not adding regular & decaff coffee thermos and relying on the "expresso" machine for AM coffee. I have experienced 6 people waiting for the 2 minutes grind & brew!

3. Lounge employees browsing on the Internet and barely giving lip service to the guests, or standing or sitting to watch the show THEY have set on the TV.

4.  Finding the TV in the lounge set to kids cartoons at 7 am on a weekday, when I want to see what's new in the world.

5. The WORST, the lounge employees almost ignoring your arrival. They should at the very least FAKE a SMILE and greet you!

6. Going up at 8PM for dessert to find only cookies, when the night before there was chocolate cake. Then asking to find that they have more food in the kitchen they are holding because "if we put it out. YOU PEOPLE will it it all. (Marriott LAX) 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: No Breakfast left at 9:20AM
    commuter Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated
    Similar experiences in the concierge lounges during the pm.  Arriving 10 mins before close and pans and trays are empty or near-empty.  They tend to setup late and takedown early.  This leaves such a bad impression, but hey, at least they get home 10minutes early - brilliant.  I recently stayed at a Sheraton and minutes before close-down, the host was actually still refilling and he made a point of making sure all knew the food was being taken down.  A total contrast to my Marriott experience.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...