9 Replies Latest reply: Jun 6, 2013 10:27 AM by russpatten RSS

Club 91, JW Marriott in Cancun

schweetie Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We have a reservation for Club 91 in Jan. I was told we get breakfast and lunch. Can anyone elaborate on the type of food and how it is served? Is it buffet style? Do we go to the restuarant or is it brought up to us? Any other info on the ammenities of Club o1 would be great!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Club 91, JW Marriott in Cancun
    murdawg Platinum

Schweetie,

My wife and I stayed at the JW in Club 91 in March 2008 and really enjoyed our stay. 

If you have ever stayed at a Ritz on the Club Level this experience is nearly identical with 5 food presentations per day.

Essentially they put out food spreads for breakfast (eggs, meats, fruits, cereal, danish, etc), a mid-morning tea, lunch (sandwiches, gourmet dishes of some sort, fruits, etc.), afternoon snack (chips, nuts, guacamole, etc.), and dinner (foods from the various restaurants on the JW and Casa Magna complex).  Finally, there is a dessert course in the early evening until closing.  Additionally, around 5-6pm they open the bar for well drinks, wine, champagne, etc. until closing which I believe is 10pm.

The tough part for us was to take part in both Club 91 foods and some of the restaurants.  In reality, you could eat entirely at Club 91 if you chose to do so.  However, it is more "buffet" style and like the other Marriott concierge lounges--the food is just presented much better!

One other amenity we enjoyed was the "pillow menu" where you could choose your style of pillow.

Overall we had a great time.

Enjoy!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

usdutch Platinum

We were there in August (Club 91, JW Marriott, Cancun); daily they have 5 servings (b'fast, lunch, high tea, small-dinner, deserts); and if you like great small dishes, with variation, then this is the place; you actually do not have to go to the restaurants. Also in the evening the bar is for free (good wine!, and good cognac).

Yes it is served in buffet style on the top floor Club 91; service is good; view is spectacular. They also help you with reservations for events or so.

Good choice

sturner Platinum 3 Reviews

Club 91 is a loung they serve breakfast, Lunch, Afternoon snack and Dinner also they have Alcoholic Drinks from I believe 6PM till 10PM. The food is all served in a small buffet style most is pretty good. They will provide your transportation to and from the airport also and help you with booking excursions. Free WIFI in the lounge too. I was able to pick it up in my room as well after getting the code from the girls in 91. I have photo's if you would care to see them please let me know and I will email them as they are all 3+mb

makkberger Platinum 1 Reviews

My wife and I stayed with our two kids (10 and 12) at this location on points for 7 nights in Feb and ate exclusively at Club 91.  The hostesses are very friendly and the level of service is excellent.  The previous poster described the food and beverage offerings well.  My only complaints are that the food offerings are not typical mexican plaints, but more American style/standard Marriott offerings, so we did not get a good taste of the local cuisine.  Also, the hostesses are from out of the area and don't know much from personal experience about local activities.

The layout of the Club and the views are fantastic.  There are several window tables that are set into their own nook and look out over the ocean and the hotel pool.

We played cards each night and had multiple beverages--no limit on the alcoholic beverages.

We tipped the hostesses each night, but they provided great service to all. 

You cannot take food and beverages out of the Club.

If money is no object, I recommend staying on this level and eating at restaurants as well.  If you are on a budget, you can get your money's worth like we did out of eating at the Club via an upgrade (cash or points).

With the new points program, it sounds like you can stay at the club level and also eat in the property restaurants for 90,000 points, so this would probably be the best option.

centaur4 Platinum 1 Reviews

I've used the Club 91 once some time ago.  Positives were special handling transportation to/from AP, and room upgrade (Plat Elite and should get upgrade anyway but don't always).  I would have to say the food is a disappointment.  The breakfast buffet downstairs cannot be beat. Thursday and Saturday (think these are still the days) Lobster buffet dinner is spectacular - do not miss.  Overall - not sure the Club 91 is worth it - would be better to provide coupons as an option for Bfast downstairs.

caretired Platinum 1 Reviews
    Why not get a JW Marriott in Cancun e-mail address or free telephone number to get the answer directly from the source.

dmilton Platinum 1 Reviews
    One entry on Trip Advisor, and I emphasize one, discussed the "poor shape of the JW, concern for mold and incense burning everywhere to cover up something..." Doesn't sound like a Marriott to me. Any comments, please? DMilton

traveler2 Platinum
    We were there in august and did not experience any of those things.  Our room was beautiful, did not smell or have mold.  Never saw anything like that around the hotel or the grounds.  We did not stay in the club level so I can't speak to that!  The staff was wonderful and very attentive. We loved our vacation there and would not hesitate to go back.

russpatten Platinum 1 Reviews

We loved the food and thought the view was great.  Very nice staff too.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...