3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 24, 2008 1:15 PM by dolphin521 RSS

Marriott in Spain

arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Why is it that Marriott's outlets in Spain focus almost exclusively on coastal resorts, the exception being a very low-key operation at Barcelona Airport (where, incidentally, Gold Card holders do not get room upgrades!) I recognise, of course, that seaside resorts are good business, but there are other reasons for travelling, particularly to major business centres like Madrid, Barcelona and Valencia, and not everyone wants a holiday resort environment!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott in Spain
    oregonian Gold Platinum
    I dont know the answer to your question, but did you enjoy the Barcelona Marriott?  I hated it.  I dont think there was one room that had a hinge on it, so all night you would here doors slam down the hall, downstairs, upstairs.  Horrible expierence and horrible location unless you were flying out that day.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews
    Totally agree. The location issue is perhaps understandable, but the operation of the hotel was very disappointing. I understand it is a franchised operation and, if ever the difference was evident, this is it. And they do not seem to abide by Marriott Rewards rules. Take care

dolphin521 Platinum
    We were also wondering about the lack of Marriott properties in Spain, other than the resorts and the one at the Barcelona airport.  We were considering staying at the airport but the other posts regarding the quality of the hotel has made us rethink our plans. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...