3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 17, 2008 5:56 AM by jimmylotus RSS

Courtyard Upgrades

nadine Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I just returned from Beijing where I stayed at Courtyard Beijing.  The hotel had a lounge which was open from 5:30 to 7:30 pm.  Breakfast was served in the restaurant and appeared to be free to everyone.  The hotel was very nice, providing bath robes and slippers and was more upscale than most Courtyards.  The hotel was also more conveniently located than some of the other Marriotts including the JW Marriott which is new. 

Beijing is an amazing city with so much to see.  We were very impressed with the cleanliness.  I think that the reports of pollution were very distorted by the media.  We had a private guide to most of the attractions.  The guide was not as expensive as one might think and it enabled us to see most of the main attractions in just a couple of days.

I am writing in response to a comment that Courtyards don't upgrade Platinum or Gold Members.  I also received an upgrade at the Courtyard Gettysburg last year.  That hotel was also above average.  I do not stay at Courtyards as a rule, but found these to be very nice. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Courtyard Upgrades
    lhabitat Platinum
    It is nice to know that some of the Courtyards have upgrades.  I have stayed at them in Gainesville, FL, Dalton, GA and Chicago, IL (Hubbard downtown).  The only reason I have stayed there has been location, availability and/or points as the category is generally lower.  I have found pleasant service, but no upgrade other than a better view.  I put family due to a memorial service in the Courtyard on I-65 in Indianapolis, IN and they were simply delighted with the staff, however, ther were no upgrades.  I may inquire before I stay at another one.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

kahunapremier Platinum

Courtyard upgrades are quite nice and hope they continue throughout that brand. What we can do with our status is to keep informing management to let breakfast be free for those that Platinum status and above, 50% off for gold and 25% for silver.

jimmylotus Platinum

Always remember to call the hotel to check the upgrade.

According to my experience, you need to go to the club longue to check-in.

It's a nice hotel, I love it. It's my first hotel choice in Beijing

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...