2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 7, 2009 5:30 PM by rhondavous RSS

Getting around & tour Info

liniolive Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Heading for my first trip to Italy w/ the ladies and not sure about travel around city.  Do you recommend a pass, which one?  Will be there for a week in Nov at the Rome Central Park.  Do you have advice on which tours to take (company) for Vatican Tours and Ancient Rome, (Any others?)  We are trying to decide to "do it ourselves" run around from point to point to "save money" but is that wasting too much time?  Do you really spend enough time on these tours to the ancient colseum, etc. and thru the Vatican.... or should we try to get tours upon approaching the Vatican and other sites?  I'd like to know what I'm doing before I go.  I'd like to book tours but others want to to ourselves..... can you provide your take on this please?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Getting around & tour Info
    adviso Platinum

We used Presto Tours for the Coliseum/Forum Tour and The Official Vatican Tour for the Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel.  Both we great and come highly recommended!!Booked both of the tours on the internet.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Getting around & tour Info
    rhondavous Gold

Hi there,

I was wondering if you enjoyed your stay at the Central Park Rome hotel. I am considering staying there during our visit to Italy in September 2009.  Did you have success booking your tours?  Is there anything you would suggest for an Italian newbie?  How did you get to the hotel from the airport?

Thanks!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...