0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 1, 2010 1:28 PM by boeing777 RSS

Laundry?

boeing777 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I recently stayed at 3 Marriott properties in - New York (JFK), Norcross Atlanta and Hilton Head.

At the Hilton Head Marriott, it was surprised with housekeeping who failed to collect my laundry for 3 days. Despite completing the the forms, making calls to reception to ask them to come and collect it, they still failed to do so. On the third day, met the duty manager and complained. Only after that, did they collect my laundry.

My question is this, why do chained hotel brands (like the Marriott), react only when there's a service failure? I can understand if they had missed it on the first day, but the second and third? Inspite of the guest calling and receiving confirmation from front desk that it'll be collected? Thankfully, I had sufficient clothing with me!

I must say though, the Duty Manager did very quickly compensate me with a 100 dollar credit - to which I am grateful.

Nevertheless, it's a bit like a bitter-sweet experience. Would have been better if the simple service failure hadn't occured.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...