6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 28, 2011 5:55 PM by mikiegfla RSS

Key West

ropeshaft Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am going to add a couple days to a business trip to FL in Jan and drive to Key West.  I will be staying 1 night at the Marriott Beach Resort in Key Largo and at either the Fairfield or the Courtyard in Key West.  Both Key West locations require the same number of rewards points.  Does anybody have experience with either the Fairfield or the Courtyard in Key West?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Key West, Florida, USA
  • Re: Key West
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

I have stayed at both, and both are nice.

The Courtyard is nicer, and you can take there valet downtown complimentary.

Key West is a great place and you will enjoy these places.

Jerrycoin@aol.com 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

beachygirl Gold
    My husband and i stayed at both the Courtyard and Fairfield.  By far, the Courtyard is much better that the fairfield.  They have a nice pool and the rooms are very  nice.  The Fairfield in Key West is more like a motel.  Painted cinderblock, not very nice.  The Marriott in Key Largo is also very nice and is right on the bay.  When in Key Largo, make sure you eat at the Fish House.  Terrific food and great service.

ropeshaft Platinum
    We do plan to spend one night in Key Largo and I do have the Marriott booked there already.  Thank you for your input and the tip on the fish house.  I'll book the Courtyard for our night in Key West.

carrera Platinum 1 Reviews
    If you realy want a nice place stay at the new Marriott Beachside on the north end of the island. Ask to be upgraded to one of the oceanfront condo's... My wife and I stayed there for a few days this past spring and is was as good as marriott gets. Well worth the extra points plus it's far enough away from downtown for peace and quiet.

wvu82bsme Platinum 1 Reviews

I am considering taking my wife on a 29th Anniversary trip to Key West and have a reservation at the this Key West Marriott Beachside hotel.  I am not familiar with Key West and was curious as to the location on the North side of the island is still close enough to walk to the restaurants and night life?

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

I concur with Carrera, the Beachside is great. It appeared to me that the hotel was built as a high-end timeshare that was never got off the ground. The one and two bedroom units are incredible.

To answer wvu82bsme, the answer is no. The hotel is a bit out of town and not within walking distance of anything. It's pretty standalone. They do provide shuttle service to downtown however.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...