5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 23, 2008 1:28 PM by jxholewy RSS

Platinum Perks- Internet Service

holligolightly Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I don't know how the rest of you feel, but I think in-room internet service should be a perk for platinum members.  As a meeting planner I already spend in the six figure category with Marriott each year, and having to pay for this necessity always feels like I am being squeezed for every penny possible.  They could add it to the little card we fill out when we check in whether we want it or not.. It would be better than that awful canned brie and water crackers we get now as a "reward". lol

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum Perks- Internet Service
    stormchaser Platinum
    YES! I agree. I mainly stay at the Residence Inn and Courtyards, free internet access is high of the list of must have's.  The explanation of internet charges and the ring around the rosey the finance people give me, it's not worth the hassel.  When traveling personally, I would stay at the Renaissane, JW's or Marriott hotels more if internet access were complimentary. I would trade the free gift for the internet every time. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

commuter Platinum

Agreed.  Paying for Internet is blatant nickel and dimeing.  That combined with the incompetence of emcployees when requesting only one day of Internet.  Not once have i selected the one-day option and had the desk only charge for one day, despite my calling to confirm.  It's as if they don't even know that is an option, adn they certainly don't know how to make it work.  The result is that i avoid Marriott Internet.  This could be resolved by providing a much-appreciated perq of free Internet for Platinum at least. 

videoguy Platinum

Add me to the list! 

Internet isn't a luxury during my travel, it's a requirement.  Being a consultant I'm often contacted by several customers while on the road so GOOD internet service is very important.   The $10-$12 per night (when I'm in property for, often, a week at a time) it's just crazy.   Sure, the cost gets pasted on in most cases but it seems like this would be a great Perk. 

I would happily give up my (two bottle of soda) for this perk (or the 600 points).

spudman Platinum
    I agree wholeheartedly.

jxholewy Platinum

I could not agree more!  I recently looked at what I spent on internet charges in FY-2007 @ Marriott hotels!  It was over $1250!  I am now exploring the AT&T 3G internet card that will allow me access virtually all over the world.  I am sure my company would be happy to cough up the money for this.

Shame on Marriott for nickle and diming its most loyal clients for a service that at the end of the day should be free!  I recently checked with a few Motel 6's and the highest cost I found was $2 bucks a day (if not free). 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...