12 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2008 6:21 PM by travlmonsta RSS

New Orleans Restaurants

stefanie Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I will be staying at the Courtyard on St. Charles and was looking for any restaurant recommendations.  I know there are many to choose from and am looking for those within walking distance.

• Re: New Orleans Restaurants
    stormchaser Platinum
    Great location, great property! You are in the middle of restaurant heaven. Bacco, August, Bayona are upscale and worth it. Herb Saint, Tommy's Cuisine are excellent as well. My Sunday morning favorite is Lucy's across from the Renaissance on Tchoupitoulas. Have a great time

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

allworknoplay Platinum
    Hi Stefanie.  I see that you have received great restaurant suggestions.  New Orleans is one of my favorite cities.  I am a fan of Besh Steakhouse inside Harrah's.  Great menu, excellent service, and always a hit when I take friends or clients.  I am also a fan of JW Finns.  Excellent menu and staff and right near the excitement of Bourbon Street.  Enjoy!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

indianaboy Platinum

If you are in the mood for an awesome steak, Shula's is just down the street in the JW.  I would also recommend walking into the quarter and visiting The Court of Two Sisters.  This is a great place for a Jazz Brunch and you will walk away very full of NO cuisine.  The Pelican Club is a great hide away as well, they ar elocated directy across the street from the Hotel Montelone.

Bon Appetit!!!

caughma Platinum
    Cochon is really an excellent restaurant, I highly recommend it.  Also great is Iris, off Carrollton Avenue.  Certainly worth the trolley ride or short drive out there.  A very small restaurant with an impressive menu and custom martinis. 

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews
    I just returned from New Orleans (stayed at JW Marriott). If this is your first trip there, I would go with the old stalwarts (which I did) and visit Arnaud's and Commander's Palace. Arnaud's is a very short walk from the Courtyard (which looks very charming) and Commander's is a 15 minute St Charles Ave streetcar ride (which stops directly in front of the Courtyard). I visited both restaurants and the meals were excellent. You may also want to visit the Gumbo Shop, which is also nearby in the Quarter.

ahartman Silver
    Mothers is a must that is recommended by some professional collegues I know there.  I tried it myself and it is pretty good.  It's good blue collar soul food, Nawlins' style.

gumdrops Silver
    Maspero restaurant is very good.  Very popular at prime times though so you may consider going mid-late afternoon rather than lunch and dinner hour.  On Decatur in Quarter.  Of course Cafe Du Monde is a must across from Jackson Square.  The Cafe au Lait and beignets while not a meal, will fill you up. Felix's oyster bar doesn't look like much at all but has great oyster stew/soup, po boy, and on the shell.  On Iberville, a bit more of a walk but very, very, casual.  For upscale you can always visit Brennan's (famous for eggs benedict breakfast), Court of Two Sisters (you can just go for dessert and coffee if you want), Antoine's (historical but pricery), and Emeril's.  Enjoy.

catfuzz Platinum
    Catch a cab and go to the Rio Mar across from the courtyard a block from the convention center.  Well worth the cab fare-it features mediterrain seafood and it is excellent.

robusna87 Silver

GW Fins ... don't listen to me, just google and I dare you to find a bad review! Cilean Sea bass to die for. Someone mentioned Shula's ... if you want to buy the MOST overpriced hunk of beef you've ever purchased ... by all means :)

travlmonsta Platinum

The Red Fish Grill a Brennan family Restaraunt at Canal and Bourbon is great and not too expensive. Giacomo's looks like a hole in the wall but the food is great, and sometimes the line to get in is too! It is off Magazine St. about 10 min from downtown.

travlmonsta Platinum
    I forgot to mention Mother's for breakfast. Artery clogging Southern style. Cooks and servers are in a hurry, not for the atmoshphere but for the food. It is a great place.

travlmonsta Platinum
    I forgot to mention Mother's for breakfast. Artery clogging Southern style. Cooks and servers are in a hurry, not for the atmoshphere but for the food. It is a great place. And don't miss the chicory coffee and beignets on the Mississippi at the must see Cafe Du Monde a must for visitors.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...