1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 5, 2012 11:42 AM by californian RSS

Why Not Miles AND Points for Platinum Members?

mrviognier Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I'm a Platinum Member who opts for frequent flyer miles as opossed to points. Nearly every time I checked into a Marriott last year I opted for bonus points instead of an amenity. I was therefore surprised to see that none of these stays (where I opted for the bonus points) had any credited points.

Turns out that if you opt for frequent flier miles instead of points you are ineligible for ANY points...even if you request them as your check in amenity. 

Luckily I was able to get some dispensation re. all of last year's activity, but it surprises me that Marriott does not allow their most loyal customers the ability to accrue at least some points this way. 

Any ideas as to why not?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Why Not Miles AND Points for Platinum Members?
    californian Platinum 37 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

That happened to a few years ago when they had the big Delta promotion.  I was requesting points for my platinum gift.  I checked before my trip and at each hotel and was assured that I would get them.  I did not.  I assume that they have the computer set up for points or miles and it is one switch.  I think that we should be able to get points for our p gift even if we are in miles.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...