3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 23, 2008 1:23 PM by crusher77 RSS

Tired of the Internet Charges???????

magazinemike61 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated
I have stayed at either a full service Marriott or Renaissance many times and am irked by the 9.95 or 9.99 per night charge for internet usage.  I think this is a blatant revenue grab by Marriott and needs to stop.  They offer free in room service at their lower priced and lower service hotels such as Courtyards and Fairfields but just blatantly grab for extra cash at these full service hotels.  This is a very large pet peeve of mine and think the practice needs to stop.  As a Platinum member I stay more than 75 nights per year and this adds at least $750 extra dollars to my budget each year just to stay connected.  Let's get behind a movement to eliminate this excessive charge.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Tired of the Internet Charges???????
    txkat3 Platinum

I have found that if you call the desk and ask for a code, most times the will give a code, etc for free internet access. I have always used the rational that if local phone calls are free for elite members, internet shold be as well. 

In the last couple of years, since WiFi has really gone mainstream, I have never had a desk manager refuce to waive the internet fees.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Tired of the Internet Charges???????
    magazinemike61 Platinum
    Thanks.  I will try that during my next stay.

• Internet Charge is a slap in the face for Platinum
    crusher77 Platinum

I cant understand the reason for charging Platinum members (actually any member) for Internet access at a full service hotel. If I stay in a Residence Inn or a Courtyard the access is included. I hate being nickeled and dimed with this kind of stuff.

150+ nights this year and you still want 15.95 for something that Starbucks will provide for free if you buy a cup of coffee

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...