3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 7, 2008 1:08 AM by davidash RSS

Platinum Gift

indianaboy Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I recently stayed (July) at a Fairfiled Inn & Suites property in Long Island City.  It was not my preference but it was the only Marriott property within a 10 mile radius of my appointment.

I did not receive my platinum gift and when checking out I informed the staff that I did not receive my gift and would take the $25.  They informed me that I would have to call customer service since the manager on duty would not give me the $25, as stated in the rules.  I called customer service and they informed me that since it was a franchise that I would have to deal with the local management.  I called back and was provided the General Manager's Name (Erick), told him the story and he said he would send the check along with a voucher for a free night.  I followed up 3 weeks later and he told me the check was sent out 5 days prior.  It has been 12 weeks since my stay and 8 weeks since Erick said the check went out.  I know it may sound petty for $25 but it is the point of the matter and certainly not the money.

I have been a platinum for 10 years and never had this hard of a time being provided my platinum gift.  Any ideas?

Thanks

• Re: Platinum Gift
    kahunapremier Platinum

I would take that up higher, call the rewards desk (really, at our level, WE SHOULDN'T have to call) and request a VP to speak too.

Sad that sometimes we are treated like dogs, even when we have been comitted to the company for 10 years or more!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

indianaboy Platinum

I should and thanks.  I actually called the premier desk and they told me it was a property issue.

Take care,

Indy

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

davidash Platinum
    Call Bill Marriott at Marriott Corp office and complain. You will get your check and free night within days!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...