2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 29, 2008 1:02 PM by txkat3 RSS

Reciprocal Elite status

latonewengland Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I switched jobs Aug 8th from a Hilton perfered company to a Marriott perefed company. I am a plat with Hilton but have zero status (only silver) with Marriott. Has anyone got Marriott to reciprocate status from a different hotel chain. I am not a big fish but I will stay at least 50 nights a year in a Marriott

• Re: Reciprocal Elite status
    kahunapremier Platinum

Talk to the rewards desk and ask them about status matching. I don't believe that Marriott has something like that, BUT Starwood or SPG.com does.

You might be lucky to find one associate that just might be empowered to do that, match your hilton status.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Reciprocal Elite status
    txkat3 Platinum
    I don't know about reciprical, but, if you call the rewards desk, they will give you a "challenge". We missed getting back to Platinum one year and called in February, and the  desk agnet put a note on our account that if we stayed 15 nights in 60 days they would move us back up to Platinum.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...