5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 1, 2008 6:02 PM by techwarrior RSS

Which Newport California Marriott to Choose?

dczerkle Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Please help.  My family of four (two teen daughters) will be travelling to Newport Beach California over the xmas holidays.  I've read good things about the Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa and also Marriott's Newport Coast Villas.  We know we won't be able to take advantage of all the outdoor amenities in December, and I understand the winds might impact us.  Any advice on which property is preferred?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Which Newport California Marriott to Choose?
    budroc Silver

Hi Newport!!

Teenage girls??? Definately the Marriott Hotel and Spa .You have fashion island right on your doorstep with all the shops restaurants entertainment etc. Get a room overlooking the pool areas if poss as the tower rooms are not so good.Donts stay at the villas there is nothing on site unless the kids are small also no restaurant/shops. I have stayed at both with teenage boys and the hotel is much better. Good luck!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pablito Gold
    With three women in tow, you may want to stay at the one adjacent to the Fashion Circle Mall, I believe that is the Resort/Spa unit. Choice of tower rooms or open-to-the-outside rooms. It is also adjacent to a golf course (which I have yet to try...)

hamburgler Platinum
    try the m11 or meb rates at the villas. sometimes they offer a two room suite (with two bathrooms) for under $200. great location, great views

worldteller Gold

The Newport Beach Marriott is very nice. Not on the beach though. They have great shopping across the street at Fashion Island. An upbeat, trendy outdoor mall. Some very chic shops and boutiques. During December, at least last year, they have local architeches,interior designers and landscapers build 20 play houses, probly 300 sg ft. each and display them in the courtyards. Then they sell them at a charity event. Last year, some went for over $100.000. each. These are play houses that rival many homes. 

The Marriott Newport Beach also has a very fine sushi bar and lounge. You will have enough to do keeping your credit cards in your pocket, after shopping all day.

techwarrior Gold
    I have not had the opportunity to stay @ the Villas mostly because the Newport Beach Hotel & Spa is one of my favorite Marriotts in the US and I live in Newport. But when I dont feel like going home for the weekend I stay @ The Newport Beach Hotel & Spa. My other favorite is the South Beach Marriott....

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...