3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2008 4:59 PM by iluvtravel RSS

Using points

afamati Gold
Currently Being Moderated
Why don't I receive a stay credit for nights when I  use points?  Marriott should encourage members to achieve a higher status as it would act as a catalyst for people to attempt to maintain that status the following year and improve sales and occupancy.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Using points
    jmat6687 Gold
    I agree. It is a stay at a Marriott property-free or paid. I believe it should count towards status, I only travel for leisure, so my silver status was originally by signing up for the Visa- my 6 nights in Niagara Falls are being pushed back to January, so I may temporarily lose the silver status

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jmat6687 Gold
    To continue.....I just found this forum, and are "only" a silver  member, but as a 100% leisure traveler, I think maybe the criteria should be a bit relaxed for us. We don't have the luxury of racking up nights for business, and 10 nights a year  for leisure is a big number to reach, when you consider free point stays don't count, and not every destination has a Marriott property(I want to be brand loyal, but sometimes can't). As Silver only, I certainly don't expect the world, but a room upgrade(even just a micro/refrig would be a bonus) should be promised.

iluvtravel Member

jmat6687 - You get your 10 nights from the Visa card every year...so you'll always have Silver status as long as you have the card. If you get the Premier card (the black one) you get 15 nights toward status, plus a Category 1-5 free night every year. It's a pretty good deal.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...