5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 31, 2009 9:02 AM by nachosconqueso RSS

Nightlife in Washington, DC

rdrckrfn Silver
Currently Being Moderated

New to all this.  Traveling to DC in October for business.  Any recommendations?  Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Nightlife in Washington, DC
    politicalhack Platinum

Absolutely, I am based up here in DC, depending on what kind of crowd you are looking for.  Folks tend to flock to their own sections of town.  When we really want to get after it we head out to Georgetown, intersection of M Street and Wisconsin is a good place to start (Not Metro Accessible).  There is a great waterfront there, Capitol Hill is a cool experience either House Side or Senate side, the house side has more bars.  Congress won't be in session in October though.  Other good spots are midtown DC, GWU Foggy Bottom and Adams Morgan or if you are adventurous head out to VA and hit up the Clarendon/Ballston area.  If you are looking for a more sophisticated crowd try Old Town Alexandria VA.

Let me know what kind of crowd you are after and I can better steer you towards them

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

girish_joshi Gold

A great local pub:  Fox and Hounds on 17th and R

Late night food:  Bistro Francaise in georgetown open past midnight.

Best dinner in town (highly debatable): Chef Geoff's

Breaking it down on a Thursday night - The Front Page in Dupont Circle.

Of course there is much more -- but this is a pretty traveller friendly list.

rdrckrfn Silver
    Thanks for the replies.  I'll be staying in Crystal City an I know they have some places around there, but now I have many more choices.  Too bad I only have 3 nights.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Try to make it to the top of The Washington Hotel.  It overlooks the White House, and we had a night to remember when they had a 60's night there.

Likewise, there are a lot of other great places around the JW.  Have fun. 

nachosconqueso Platinum

Good morning,

while the most popular area to go for drinks is Georgetown, I would also recomment going to Adam's Morgan area. There is a bar called Madam's Organ and it is quite nice, with bands playing live music.

Have fun!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...