2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2008 9:03 PM by phillip RSS

Canadian Marriott Rewards Visa

phillip Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I've received several advertisements for a Marriott Rewards Platinum Chase Visa for Canadians.  I have not signed up for this card, it's not like I am not reading the advertisements that are comming in the mail its just that the offering to those who are already elite could be improved.

Such as the benefit: automatic silver elite status (after calling they said there is no elite status nights that come just a comp'ed upgrade) while US citizens receive 15 nights towards elite status .

The low signup bonus 10,000 pts while US 25,000 pts

And lastly US citizens receive a free night certificate while CDNS get zip.

I hope that this cards offering will later be improved especially the first suggestion (as it would cost nothing to the Marriott).

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Canadian Marriott Rewards Visa
    lesliepamel Platinum
    I understand exactly what you mean. The Marriott Visa card is also poor value in the United Kingdom when compared to the US version. I don't use my card very much-only at UKMarriott hotels - for double points. The local supermarket offer is better, as every £1 sterling is quadrupled to £4 sterling when it is spent on bookings at Marriott Hotels. That's why I use the Supermarket card (Tesco) for all my other spending.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Canadian Marriott Rewards Visa
    phillip Silver

THANK YOU Marriott for adding the 10 nights of elite status credit!  The most important part of this card. 

I am seriousally considering getting this card.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...