6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 10, 2009 1:04 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

Unrewarded - Marriott Courtyard's

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have stayed several times at Marriott Courtyards. Does anyone have any feedback on these. Courtyards do not seem to provide any benefits whatsoever to Platinum or other elite members. Every time I have stayed at one, they did not provide room upgrades, don't provide breakfast and don't care that one is an elite member and treat you that way. Seems to me at a minimum, they should provide elite members with breakfast...One should get some benefit for being a Platinum and/or elite member. I will try to avoid staying at Courtyards in the future.

• Re: Unrewarded - Marriott Courtyard's
    donq50 Platinum
    I have always received my Platinum gift at Courtyard.  Upgrades depend on availability so I don't always get them but I have been upgraded recently to a room with a whirlpool in the room.  As anyone else, I like the free breakfasts at various places and maybe they should consider, if not free, at least 1/2 price breakfast for Platinum members.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

platinumloyal Silver
    Agreed on not feeling rewarded at Courtyards.  I avoid them.  Better to stay a properties than treat you special.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nolife Platinum
    The Courtyard rewards are sporadic, some do recognize your status...more and more are offering a similar program to full service locations offering a 200 point program and a few also offer free breakfasts.  The irratating fact about Courtyards and Marriott hotels is the inconsistancy in quality of hotels...I don't like Fairfields but the few I've stayed at, rooms and facilities were newer and cleaner than Courtyards and Marriotts..sad statement!!

engineergirl Platinum 1 Reviews
    I just had the same experience----or lack thereof--at a Courtyard in a city to which I travel monthly.  I cancelled my upcoming Courtyard reservations today; with no benefits AND an increasingly lowered level of service, why stay there?

kinseattle Platinum 6 Reviews
    Marriott should offer elite members free internet access and breakfast regardless of the property.  It doesn't make sense to pay less and recieve more at a Fairfield. Nor does it make sense to pay more and receive breakfast but not internet at a Marriott.  

tjcnewyork Platinum

Backtracking offers the opportunity to gain from 'lessons learned' by others. These posts go back 6-7 months correlating with the time that Marriott began rolling out 'enhancements'.  I agree that many Courtyards are dated. Managed and operated by franchisees, some are 25 years old and need an upgrade.  Service is deplorable, many CY associates are in need of training.

All of the unmet expectations voiced here are reasonable.  It's also reasonable to have expected compensation or even a full refund for the conditions and/or experience described.  I used to rely upon Guest Satisfaction Surveys from Marriott to compliment associates or to voice a less than satisfactory guest experience.  Now, I rely upon Customer.Care@Marriott.com and highly recommend you consider doing so, too.  See Re: Welcome to our 2009 Program Changes forum!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...