3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 24, 2009 9:03 PM by floridafolks RSS

Stay Away Rome Park Marriott

flightlady Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I cannot recommend the Rome Marriott Park Hotel. I am almost lifetime Platinum Level & know what I should expect from a Marriott stay.Yes, we were upgraded to beautiful suites and the Exec Sect 'y Flavia Cassini was helpful in arranging a wheelchair for my elderly Father and finding a local laundry for my family of 5. As she was absent at check-in, it literally took days for both of these requests to be met, literally days. Nobody was willing to take responsibilty to help. I just kept getting passed from staff member to concierge and back. Cindy, Concierge, finally helped. I will say the rooms were just lovely and the property sparkling. Concierge Lounge was a joke. People walkd in, complained, and walked out. It was rarely staffed. Small bowls of stale snacks and peanuts were common, water bottles and trash sat for days unattended, coffee and hot water were vitually nonexistent. Finally, near the end of our stay, another Platinum Level member and I called the GM's ofice to complain. In half and hour Paolo Pedrazzini, Dir Sales and Marketing,showed up to survey the pitiful lounge, profusely apologized, said he was unaware of poor service and had it pleasantly stocked within a hour.  Doesn't anyone check the lounge, is someone not responsible for it? Room phones were inop, multiple mini bar charges appeared on bill when  fridge door was opened.  I have, as a usual request on my profile, the need for refigerator in room to store medicine. Emails of Virtual Concierge arrived from Park Hotel days before check in with assurance of my requests.  At check in, was told to remove items from mini bar to store meds. Was CONTINUALLY charged for mini bar items as they were on pressure sensitive buttons, every day had to stand in long front desk line to remove charges. One morning breakfast staff refused to refill buffet with 45min+ remaining until they closed (the cook refused), they were occasionally surly not only to us but to other guests, front desk could not exchange currency, problems with room a/c even though we well understood room card in wall slot procedure, curbside luggage valet was usually abset we had to get luggage cart and load our own luggage often after a day's touring.  Way too many complaints here, will follow up letter to Marriott.  Do not stay here, it is a disappointment. I should have listened to Trip Advisor. We didn't mind the distance from Rome as we had a car, but this hotel is definitely NOT ready for prime time. Stay in Rome next time, not here. There were some delightful staff who did help, but at any time of day, the front desk/concierge listened to complaints from guests. I heard the complaints as I patiently waited in a long line at both. The saddest was front desk refusal to give a family a roll away bed for their child even thought the Father held a roll away confirmation in his hand from marriott.com.  This place needs a lot of work to get up to Marriott standards.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Stay Away Rome Park Marriott
    tulsatraveler Platinum

Flightlady,

Can you tell me if this is the Rome Central Park Hotel located at Via Giuseppe Moscati??

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

flightlady Platinum
    No, this one is located at Colonello Tomasso about 10 minutes from Rome airport.  I haven't stayed at Rome Central Park.  The names are very similar and confusing.

floridafolks Silver

Did you get any response from the letter to corporate Marriott when you returned. Do they realize that every online review says the service is the worst!  Unfortunately we will be staying there in May for three nights pre-cruise(a gift from our son). 

Do you think there is anything that we can do to avoid this poor service?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...