1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 20, 2008 6:07 PM by barnesgene RSS

Marriott in Melbourne

rufrt12 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Melbourne is a great city!!!  The Marriott is very centraly located.  The concierge lounge is one of the best I've experienced.  For starters, the booze is complementary!  The hotel is within walking distance of Chinatown, the Greek quarter and other ethnic quarters.  Anyways, Melbourne is a city you can definitelly walk.  Lygon Street, the center of Italian culture is the most amazing concentration of restaurants I've ever seen.  There are restaurants/bars literally one next to the other for at least 3-4 blocks in a row!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott in Melbourne
    barnesgene Platinum 1 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated
    Indeed Melbourne is a terrific city.  Some odd things to do:  Go see those crazy lopsided buildings downtown (it's modern architecture at its most fun).  See the Jackson Pollack painting at the city art museum that they paid a million dollars for (it's still quite the scandal, but it's a beaut!).  But best of all, go to Phillip Island, about an hour's drive just southeast of town, and see the penguins in their natural habitat (there's a bridge to the island, or I'll bet if you are without a car there's a bus from the hotel).  The rest of the island is a great day trip, and the penguins start arriving to feed their chicks at sunset.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...