0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2010 11:30 AM by montereyman RSS

Marriott Rewards--a constant in my life

montereyman Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Kudosto Marriott Rewards:

In a world where frequent flier program rewards and hotel program perks disappear daily it is comforting for me (at least) to see that the essential structure of the Marriott Rewards program (I joined when it was simply called the Marquis Program and required just twelve nights stay per year) remains as good as ever.

I still have my fading gray plastic Clipper Club membership card (oh, those glory days!), and an "FT" (Frequent Traveler) bag tag from Pan American, one of the best international airlines in the 'good old days.'  I've also got several PSA tags with old business cards on them on my luggage to remind me of the glory days of domestic air travel. I was an elite flier with United but that's another story.

Now, most of the FF programs are tightening their rules, the rewards are harder, if not impossible to get, In some cases it appears that they've become so restrictive that they will virtually disappear.

Marriott Rewards remains good to me and for the most part, unchanged.  Each time I ask a question via the Internet I get a good answer, and quickly. I find the program easy to understand, generous in rewards, and the best of the best out there.  The rewards are good, even great, and have saved e a lot of money. 

Most important, if I am using a hotel points reward, even at a Category 7 hotel, it never feels as if I am being a freeloader.  Associates are as good to me as if I were paying the full price, maybe even more so.  This speaks well of both the program and the corporation that stands behind it. Here's to no changes in Marriott Rewards--ever--why mess with success?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...