6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 23, 2008 1:29 AM by montereyman RSS

Marriott Rewards questions

montereyman Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I've seen a post or two on Platinum Premier renewal: it was my understanding that you need to make the cut each year, but one post suggests that making Platinum is enough,  Can someone else tell me of their experiences in this program?

Also ... Just wondering who among this group of seasoned travelers has gotten to the Platinum Emeritus status, if you have, what benefits or perks you've had when staying at one of the many excellent Marriott properties here and abroad?

Thanks

• Re: Marriott Rewards questions
    donq50 Platinum

I didn't know what Platinum Premier was until I made it.  They don't advertise it as a separate level.  There is a special help desk that you get connected to and you get "recognized" as a "higher" level awards member, but the actual listed benefits are the same from what I can see.  One thing that isn't listed that helped, I had a reservation with a 3 day advance cancelation requirement.  There was a health problem with a family member just into that 3 day window.  The premier desk got the reservation cancelled for me without penalty.

As for emeritus status, I haven't made it yet but I'm aiming at it.  The main thing is that after I retire and don't stay as many nights on the road I will still have the benefits of Platinum status.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

cheriooo Platinum
    I have never heard of Emeritus Status.  I have achieve Lifetime and Marriott considers Plat Priemer a higher catagory.  I have seen no additional benefits of Primier

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

langhorne Platinum
    What are the status levels above Platinum and how do you achieve these?

montereyman Platinum

My understanding, based on conversations with Marriott Rewards personnel and checking the www.marriott.com website, is that there is one smaller level within Platinum--called Platinum Premier. Platinum Premier is Marriott's recognition of being in the top tier of MR stayers, perhaps the top 3%.

Achieving this level requires three consecutive calendar years at Platinum level (75 nights per year that is), and achieving at least 125 nights the fourth year--that appears to be the current cutoff for making it. Premier gets you a new phone toll free phone number but it is answered by reservationists (very nice and helpful ones) who deal with other Platinum guests.  Premier guests get priority and reasonable requests are honored--that would be the major difference that I've noticed,

I have also heard that owners of Marriott properties can be in this kind of category, but have never seen that in print.  On a recent stay my bill indicated that I was a Marriott owner, which is not the case, suggesting that Platinum Premier and Owner are the same code in the Marriott rservations system.

bluevision Platinum
    What is the phone number to find out if your a premier plat?

montereyman Platinum
    Marriott Rewards tells you and not the other way around--when you are renewed for 2009 it will show your new status.  Remember three years at platinum, and at least 125 nights the next year to make it, as I unerstand the rules.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...