1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 1, 2008 6:01 PM by techwarrior RSS

Strange credit card charges after check-out?

shanghaiexpat Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Has this happened to anyone?  I was at the Los Angeles Marriott in Downtown.  After 4 nights, I check-out and went to the airport and flew home... Then, a couple of days later, I checked my CC bill online and there was to charges (one was the legit charge) and the other one was something I had no idea what it was... it was like 225 dollars.  So I called the hotel from the other side of the world where I live and asked them for the charges.  They had no idea!  They said they couldn't find the charges.  So it was a fiasco.  Almost 1 week later nothing, after 4-5 phone calls, being on hold.  Finally, 2 weeks later, I get an email saying that one of their employees in the front desk made a mistake and the charge was not supposed to happen, so now they will do a refund.   Does this type of thing happen a lot in US?  I use Marriotts in Asia a lot and this is the first time in US, and I was really surprised you give your card to a hotel like Marriott and you get charged like that at the whim of an employee.  I think if this was in Asia, Seoul, Tokyo, Beijing, an employee cannot just charge anything he or she wishes without having the guest/card holder sign for it.  I was pretty darned upset at them wasting my time.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Strange credit card charges after check-out?
    techwarrior Gold
    Currently Being Moderated

Los Angeles Marriott Downtown is not managed well and obviously doesnt report to Corporate Office. I was billed for an extra day more than a month ago (they had me checking in a day early) and its still not resolved. Stay away from The Los Angeles Marriott Downtown. The Bonaventure is across the street or the Standard on Sixth are much better.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...