5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 1, 2008 1:55 AM by girish_joshi RSS

Internet charges

pgncdoc Gold
Currently Being Moderated
Am surprised that most Marriotts, JWs, Renaissance are still charging for internet; there have been some stays where I have "downgraded" to Courtyard, Residence Inn, over the principle of paying this unnecessary charge at the nicer property. A few properties have "comped" the telecomm charge as an Elite perk, but it is the exception, not the rule...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Internet charges
    bluevision Platinum

Your right... I do the same thing out!! Although I dont ask for a comp. Its funny because I can stay at any Marriott that I want. Its easier to stay at a Courtyard, when Im not traveling with my computer!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

elb0591 Platinum
    Charging for Internet access is the single most annoying thing about Marriott for me. I will never understand why when I stay at a JW Marriott, Marriott Suites or Renaissance, I am required to pay an additional fee for internet use. When I pay less to stay at a Courtyard, Residence Inn or another less expensive property I don't have those charges to contend with. What's up with that? I especially don't understand why being Platinum doesn't absolve me of having to pay those kind of charges. I mean, its not like Marrriott hasn't earned plenty from me with over 200 nights each year for the past five years.

steve2242 Gold
    Recently I have stayed at a couple of Marriott properties that have given complimentary internet to Platinum members. Finally!

thomasgrace Platinum

I totally agree, and same thing goes for parking.  Those two things have been deal breakers for some projects in terms of being able to stay there and be within a given expense range. 

However I recently found a trick that works at my current Marriott.  The first week I stayed I ordered the wireless internet and was given a userID and password by the front desk who also charged me for the week.

However the subsequent weeks (been 9 months now) I was able to use the same generic UserID and password to access the wireless internet but because I didn't call to request it or plug in a cable I got it for free.

Now I use a Verizon card in my PC for $50 / month so don't need to worry about it...

girish_joshi Gold
    Completely agree.  I feel nickle and dimed, and so do my clients.  Consequently, as the OP does, I find myself downgrading myself.  And denying Marriott revenue.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...