2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 8, 2010 11:48 AM by trvl4alvn RSS

JW Marriott Cancun

traveler2 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We just got back from our vacation at the JW in Cancun and found the hotel a delight! The staff was wonderful and couldn't have been more helpful and always friendly. My only complaint is....when we arrived we asked if an upgrade might be available for a gold member and we were told they only upgrade platinum. That would be fine except reservations told me we could be upgraded based on availablilty. The hotel was empty!!  So, we were disappointed given the fact that when we travel we make a point to use Marriott so we can enjoy the perks. You gotta spend 50 nights in a hotel to reach gold and although it's not the top it's still a lot of travel. They give you the perks so you stay at Marriott and when you would like to have them they are not available to you!  That's a shame!!  Reservations and the hotels need to coordinate the information so we know what to expect.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Mexico
  • Re: JW Marriott Cancun
    kahunapremier Platinum

In cases like that, inform the front desk and/or GM. Also document the incident and forward a copy to the GM and to Marriott Corp.

Marriott does LISTEN, more so than other brands excluding SPG.com, which is an excellent brand.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: JW Marriott Cancun
    trvl4alvn Platinum

Ran into the same problem in Kaui. I asked to speak to the GM. He politely advised me that all international hotels, including Hawaii only upgrade Platinum. He then did the right thing and upgraded us to the nicest room on the property.

I'm now Platinum and have a trip scheduled to Cancun. I'll be interested to see what type of upgrade is available there.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...