5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 23, 2008 9:01 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Paris Marriott Hotel Champs-Elysees

toddsandiego Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I'm thinking of staying at the Marriott C-E in April, using points.  I'm looking for info on the differences between the Standard rooms and the Executive Rooms.  It appears the Exec rooms are a little bigger, but would the views from the Exec rooms be better?  Can anyone give me some insight?

Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Paris Marriott Hotel Champs-Elysees
    dthorn Silver
    I stayed at this hotel @ 70k points for two night last April when the rate was 450 euro +.  Sure beats $1300  US!  If you plan on walking between the Tullieries and the Arc, this location is perfect.  Lovely neighborhood directly off the Elysees with many bistros and cafes.  Its a nice stroll to many museums and the Bateaux.  My room was upgraded into an exec which offered a small table with chairs in a small alcove next to the window.  The rooms are not large, go for exec if available

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
    Now this is my opinion, based upon over 50 trips.  I would only use points to stay at the Marriott C-E.  If I am paying, stay the week-end at LaDefense REnaissance.  for a 10-15 minute easy metro ride the savings are fantastic, you can stay Fri-Monday for a little over 100 Euro's, The CE will be in the 500 Euro range.  The GM, Wille, Leiber, at the Ren. runs a great relaxing place and the rooms are similar.  You may spoil yourself with a night or two at the C-E, but you will have to commute to sights even from there, so save the money and use it for other things.

cbeehler Platinum 60 Reviews
    You sound like someone who knows a lot about the Marriott properties - do you know of the Courtyard paris neuilly?  there are 3 of us - all girls and electrical outlets will be premium....do we have to bring plugs?  It is about 4 miles from downtown and we hope to use rail or walk....any advice is appreciated! Thanks Carol

annew20 Gold
    We were upgraded without asking & the room was facing the C-E Blvd.  It was a bit noisy but we could see the Arc if we leaned out the window far enough. LOL.  The desk staff was very attentive & nice.  We also received free breakfast buffet.  You walk right outside to huge sidewalks with tables along the Blvd.  A lot of activity & many restaurants.  Loved Paris!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
    I could not agree with you more! This is the place, especially for first timers using points.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...