3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 27, 2008 9:09 AM by roadwarriortoo RSS

Internet Overcharge!

pdl099 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated
I'm not sure if this is commonplace at other Marriott's but the other week, as I was preparing my time and expenses, I noticed that I had been billed for 4 days worth of Internet.  To my knowledge, I only used 2 days worth of Internet for my 3 night stay.  I didn't check this when I checked out.  I called the hotel (Detroit Marriott RenCen) and spoke with Dwight the manager.  He acknowledged that their system billed for Internet for the entire stay on the first day that you sign in to use the Internet.  I explained the situation, he agreed to refund the charges.  Several weeks later, no refund.  The other interesting thing is that I had not experienced this my 6-7 previous stays?  Has anyone else experienced this?  Sounds like a scam.... come on Marriott, if your revenues are down, don't make up charges!! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Internet Overcharge!
    dwaneclif Platinum
    I have always gotten into the habit of checking my bill for correct and current charges. Reminds me of a time when I checked into a Marriott on a "Wednesday" and Wednesday night I received a slip under the door from the Manager apologizing for the way I was treated in their Restaurant "Monday" night and what could he do to make it right. I said knock a day off my stay. He did. What service! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pdl099 Platinum
    Just got over charged again at another Marriott!  I checked in on a Monday evening, logged in to Marriott's internet service to send a couple of emails.  I only used the service that evening.  I received my bill this morning and to my surprise, I was charged for Internet usage every night of my stay.  What's going on here?!!  Marriott, this is outrageous, are you looking to get sued here??

roadwarriortoo Platinum

I've found that is their standard policy as uncoscionable as it is.

That is why that I travel with a broadband cell adapter for my notebook.

I can't count on affordable or reliable internet at Marriott Hotels.

The new speed of "Free HighSpeed Internet" is about 6K-8K in Fairfield Inn's now and it automatically kicks you off at midnight every night. It stops my attempting to download my email over a slow connection while I sleep. I need to complain to the Federal Trade Commission for false advertising. It certainly is not High Speed Internet.

My wireless adapter gets 80K to 800K depending on the service.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...