6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 24, 2008 1:03 AM by lone6star RSS

Lifetime Status

northernlite Platinum
Currently Being Moderated
I also was surprised of the Lifetime status. It seems to me that when business travelers are brand loyal that we would be informed of all possible benifits. I think when one retires that Marriott would want loyal business travelers to continue. I'm Platinum and have been for about 8 years but 3,000,000 points seems high, Marriott should reconsider this.number as well as 1000 nights. Lets all express our views to Marriott

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Lifetime Status
    smittypa Platinum

I agree it is extremely difficult to keep up Platinum levels. I have been platinum for 4 years and I find it difficult, especially since airfare is sooo high, that limits the travel.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

kahunapremier Platinum

Lifetime status has four critiera associated with the program, breakdown goes like this. All have to be met in order to qualify for LTS.

1. Year in system

2. Current status for at least one year

3. Nights associated for each LTS

4. Points associated for each LTS

LTS? (Lifetime Status) is the internal Marriott record keeping system used to track this, but marriott doesn't advertise this service at all. You find this information by calling the Rewards desk. Three levels for each LTS staus are Silver, Gold and of course Platinum.

So lets talk details

Year in system= You have to be 12 years vested in the LTS program in order to qualify. This occurs over Silver, Gold or Platinum.

Current year at least at one of three levels: Silver, Gold or Plat. Since most of here will achieve this, this is a no brainer, everyone here that post is at least that for 1 year, some obiviously more than that.

Nights in LTS: Stay 600 nights within the Marriott LTS program will give you Silver LTS. 800 nights within LTS will give you Gold LTS. 1,000 nights gets you Plat LTS.

Points in LTS is steep, 1.5 million will get you Silver LTS, 2 mil gets you Gold and 3 million gets you Plat.

I have submitted a detail document to Marriott asking that this information be readily available to anyone who "authenticates" to Marriott.com using their creds.

You can do the same, we need to have marriott hold a "Usability Lab" of some Plat, gold an Silver members so we can"enhance" the system and make it extremely user friendly.

I know of one other level above Platinum and have been told it trumps Plat LTS and that is Platinum Premier, which is another level that isn't talked about, unless you call and ask Marriott Rewards.

Hope this information is helpful.

megtravels Platinum
    Plat Premier is, IIRC over 100 nights per year, and high dollars spent.....I didn't know it existed until I got my card.  However, the benefits are the same, which is rather annoying.  There are, according to a GM I spoke with, only 5000.

kahunapremier Platinum

You don't have to stay over 100 nights a year to maintain your Plat Premier status. You just have to maintain your existing Plat nights of 75.

If you have the Marriott Premier Visa card, you get 15 nights annually, something to consider if you value points.

You are invited to the Plat Premier level from Mr Marriott. My only discord with this level is that 50% should be the return instead of the same 30% like Plat.

oldhand Platinum
    Interesting information. Wondered what the criteria were. Been a lifetime member for about 4 years now but since I joined in 1982 (I think it was), I've been in it a while. Just found out about this forum and looking forward to getting some tips from you folks who are more up-to-date than I.

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews
    Thanks for all of this detail.  I gather that Marriotti is keeping track of our stays and points,  since our inception in the Marriott program?   

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...