3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 1, 2009 1:21 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

Why not count Vacation club stays towards Platinum status ni

smittypa Platinum
Currently Being Moderated
I have been platinum for a few years now and own 3 weeks at Marriott Vacation club. If I stay at a marriott vacation club, why can't Marriott count the night stays?  If you consider the yearly maint cost per week, it is comparable to a night at a marriott hotel. When staying at a MVCI resort we always spend money on the account, it seems like the nights should be counted. If you trade for points, then don't count the nights stays - I think that is fair. I struggle some years with getting the 75 nights stays and the vacation club stays would help my cause to earn Platinum. 
  • Re: Why not count Vacation club stays towards Platinum status ni
    mikeb2620 Platinum
    I am in total agreement. Just a credit for nights stayed would be awsome. Especially for people who purchased the timeshare through Marriott, and not on the resale market.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

2mvcsluvit Platinum 4 Reviews

There is a thread about this on TUGBBS.  Members of that board that are also MVCI owners have noticed lately that the MVCI stays have been added to the # of nights stayed for the year.  Specifically, I stayed at MOW this summer.  That was an exchange and we still received 7 nights in our account.  I'm going to Surf Club for 2 weeks in November, so I'm hoping those nights are added as well.

I completely agree that these nights should be counted becaue of our maintenance fees.  It looks like they may be now.  But some say they are not getting them.  Hmm.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

SmittPA and all:

"If I stay at a marriott vacation club, why can't Marriott count the night stays?"

They are counted for qualifying for Elite status! MVCI and Marriott Rewards implemented the following changes as of June 30, 2008:

• Marriott Vacation Club owners who occupy a villa at their home resort and present ID and a Marriott Rewards # at check-in will receive credit for the nights stayed.
    • Marriott Vacation Club owners who occupy a Marriott villa exchanged through Interval International and present ID and a Marriott Rewards # at check-in will receive credit for the nights stayed.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...