10 Replies Latest reply: Apr 7, 2009 1:04 AM by jerrycoin RSS

West Virginia

globechick Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone stayed at the Marriott in Charleston WV? I don't even see WV listed in the states.....Did I miss something?

• Re: West Virginia
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

West
    "By God", has it all! 

I got started "On Resards", at the Marriott in Charleston the first year of offering.  What an enjoyable property!  Great location downtown for shopping and walking.  Close to the convention center and nice rest.

Enjoy the hospitality 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Charleston has a great hotel downtown.  Very progressive and close to the auditorium.  The great shopping area is across the street.

This is a fun place!

Just look under Charleston in WV! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

globechick Platinum 60 Reviews

Thank you so much.  I am finally getting back to reading this site. 

Stayed last week at the Marriott Marquis in Time Square and had a great time.  Off to...........I think Las Vegas....

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I will be at the Marquis on Sunday--can you tell me how it was (I am assuming you've stayed there previously)

Thanks

Had a vehicle emergency in nearby Nitro so needed to spend the night there.  Older property but very clean and nice rooms. Certainly the cream of the crop in town.

Charleston Marriott was very "Civilized" and close to some very good places to eat.

The seafood place across the street was extremely good.

Enjoy. 

• Re: West Virginia and marquis
    globechick Platinum 60 Reviews

I really enjoyed the Marquis.  It is so central to everything and has a great concierge lounge and rooms.

Watch the Elevators though....you may end up on one that you can't get off of unless your number is punched in PRIOR to getting on it!   I saw every floor...and NOT by my own choice!   

Dear GlobeChick:

Thanks--we were warned about the elevators when we first stayed there in 2004.  In the ten or so stays since then we have seen some improvement, and for a time they stationed associates on the elevators.  We've been in suites (twice) on the 44th floor and each time, since it's near the top, crossed our fingers that we'd make it down to one!

Some folks have posted that the Concierge Lounge was cutting back on food choices--did you see that to be true?

globechick Platinum 8 Reviews
    I usually grab some fruit and juices...there is always too much starch type of food ....I don't want to eat just because it is there and free.....but nevertheless, the lounge is very large and very nice.  (So were the people that were working there also!)

A lot of us do eat like that, and enjoy the lounge for what it is, a place to relax.

Most of us are ready for a place to get away and take it easy after a day on work.

I really like when they leave the lounges unlocked, even when they are not serving.  If you just want a "Neutral" place to read or think, the lounges are great. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...