4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 9, 2008 10:01 AM by iluvtravel RSS

Trying to understand Rewards credit card & credits

angie74 Silver
Currently Being Moderated
My husband was recently approved for the Marriott Rewards Premier credit card.  We also were just upgraded to Elite status.  When he signed up for the card I could have swore that something somewhere said he would get a 15  night credit at the 1 yr anniversary of getting the credit card.  Suddenly we get a golf certificate in the mail & the website claims we've stayed 16 nights this yr,  Did they give us a 15 night credit already??  I also thought there were lots of rewards points that would be given & it doesn't show.  Forgive me I must have read something wrong but maybe someone can explain it to me better.  We've been rewards members for many years now but just recently have been upgraded with all these perks, so many in fact that it has me confused!
  • Re: Trying to understand Rewards credit card & credits
    canyc08 Gold 2 Reviews

I believe how it works is that your husband received the 15 night bonus for being approved for the card, and will continue to receive a 15 night bonus each anniversary that the card continues open and in good standing.

Also, the fine print of the credit card application states that the bonus points will be credited to the account within 8 weeks after the first statement. So if you have already passed that mark, you might want to try contacting Customer Service for further assistance.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

surfclubber Platinum
    you have to use the card and pay the first bill first before you get the points. you will get the 15 nights every year along with the free night stay. It will be posted on your marriottrewards account and you can use it online or by calling the elite number. You will only get this if you keep the card and pay the fee.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

unrewarded Platinum

Your husband is one of the lucky ones.  The agreement states that you will be credited with the bonus nights when you sign up for the card and at each anniversary provided the annual fee is paid and the account is in good standing.  I on the other hand have been waiting since March for my bonus nights to be credited to my account.  I have a string of emails to customer service, each one stating the nights will be credited within 6 to 8 weeks.  I would consider myself lucky if I receive the bonus nights within 6 to 8 months!

iluvtravel Member

You can see if you have received your 15 nights elite credits if you log onto your account at MarriottRewards.com...if you click on the My Accounts page, and look at Marriott Rewards Activity, you'll see a section in the middle of the page called "Nights Credit toward Elite Membership". There is a drop-down function, and if you click on that it will break out your nights stayed from your Bonus Nights (aka nights from visa card). They don't make it easy to find!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...