1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 29, 2008 5:27 PM by kahunapremier RSS

San Diego Marriott Hotel and Marina

colepatrick Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Spent a personal weekend - just wife and I away from the kids - in San Diego and decided this hotel would be the best location.  It was - the location was great, views were incredible, and convenience to activities, downtown, etc. were awesome.  Hotel was VERY busy.  Did not feel at all like a regular, seasoned Marriott guest - but rather part of the herd.  Check in process was great with a dedicated Elite desk, which really did save on time because the check-in line was LONG.  Parking was a NIGHTMARE.  Had wavered on whether to rent a car or just taxi for the couple of trips we had lined up - and now wished we hadn't rented.  Arrived twice during the day and self-park was fine (decided to self-park b/c it was cheaper and I wanted quicker in and out). But when arriving twice at night, self-park was full and valet was horrendous.  Friday night took almost 45 minutes to park - once realized self-park was full and waited to get to the front of hotel for valet. AND, getting the car out on Sunday morning to make it to the airport was a wait of almost an hour from the time we called down.  Got back to the hotel Friday night and wanted something to eat.  All shops and restaurants were closed and room service was the only option.  All night dining started at 11PM, which is exactly when we called to order.  We were told it would take an hour and a half.  So, in summary - the hotel is fantastic and the location doesn't get any better. But, next time I will try another property in the area (Marriott Gaslamp, maybe) in hopes of something a little less crowded and more intimate.  If the extreme fast-pace isn't going to bother you or your trip, this property is amazing.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: San Diego Marriott Hotel and Marina
    kahunapremier Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

Stayed at that hotel earlier this year and the front lobby was under renovation. I got personalized service AND if you didn't, you need to bring this up with the GM-as they will give vouchers of any and all kind. Pretty much ate "free" for the two days I was there.

View was incredible!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...