2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2008 1:01 AM by wvu82bsme RSS

Shocked at Situation in Orlando at World Conference Center

wvu82bsme Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Has anybody recently stayed at the marriott world conference center in orlando.  I just returned (today) with my family after what could only be described as "unbelievable" lack of focus, communication between departments, and compentency on many different fronts.  I am writing a detailed letter to send to someone (other than the manager who has obviously lost control of his zoo (any suggestions?) I have stayed in Marriotts on 3 continents for years and have been platinum for many years and have never seen such a mess with what are usually very simple requests and discussions with the hotel.  Even if I wasn't platinum i would have expected a completely different result. I  had to call 4 and 5 times for the same request multiple times....we had to wait 5 hours upon arrival to check in, and i can't tell you how many other almost comical events occured.  Anybody have any experience there lately?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Shocked at Situation in Orlando at World Conference Center
    bortzie Silver
    I did have an interesting problem there...booked a week there on points (130,000) and called prior to arrival to ask if they had a free shuttle to the parks (it's a mere 1.5 miles away).  I was transferred to what I believe was the concierge desk, and told YES, we do have a free shuttle to the parks.  On that, and looking at the photos of the pool, which ABSOLUTELY was the shining star of that location...we booked our vacation there, planning on spending a few days at the park, and a few days at the hotel, enjoying and relaxing by the pool.  I have to say the housekeeping was HORRIBLE.  Our bathroom was not clean, and our floor was not vacuumed the entire time we were there.  I approached the concierge about reserving a spot on the shuttle the next day, and was informed of the $16 a head fee!  (I can hire a private car for $25...and we did a few times)....anyhow, The front desk manager Paula, handled it very well.  I was given enough vouchers to give to the shuttle driver (it was MEARS...NOT a Marriott Shuttle...last shuttle out is 10am)...pickups were an hour apart most of the day....my kids were oblivious to the arrangements that had to be maded to get to and back from the park, but it was a bit of an annoyance for me.  I would stay there again, but would DEFINITELY RENT a CAR.  Kudos to the concierge staff (Theresa, you ROCK!)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Shocked at Situation in Orlando at World Conference Center
    wvu82bsme Platinum
    I was the original writer of the post.  And although everything that I stated did happen and was a major problem the general manager of the hotel called me within a few weeks (on vacation) and made sure that I was appropriately compensated for the first fiasco that occurred (lunch) and gave me enough points back to make me feel as if we are back to "even".  I might stay there again some time because of his actions.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...