3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2008 9:13 PM by recentroadie RSS

Maui Ocean Club

keithb Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone used Marriott Rewards at the Maui Ocean Club? I have the hotel on my Dream Rewards Tracker and have finally reached my reward goal of 7 nights for 100,000 points. I called to make reservations and they are telling me that the hotel does not accept rewards points. Why do they have the hotel listed on the rewards tracker when they do not accept points??? Anyone have a suggestion?

• Re: Maui Ocean Club
    vacationbound Gold
    I would recommend staying at the Maui Marriott. My wife and I stayed there for our honeymoon using points and it was amazing. There are about 40 sea turtles that live in the coral reef right in front of the hotel. The snorkeling at the hotel was wonderful, we saw the turtles, octopus, tons of fish, etc.

There is a mall right at the top of the hill with great shops and restaurants. When we go back to Maui this is the only hotel for us!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

serendi Silver
    I stayed at this location with reward points several years ago.  It was a very pleasant and relaxing setting; the kids enjoyed the pools.  At the time the resort was in the process of converting to time share.  I suspect that the conversion is complete, it's no longer possible to redeem points, but Marriott hasn't updated it's listings.  I too have explored revisiting this location but have not found any date when that is possible.  You might want to try other hotels in the same vicinity, Sheraton, Weston etc.  I personally don't care for other locations such as Waliea as much.  Good luck.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

recentroadie Gold
    Are you aware that Maui Ocean Club is part of Yacation Club International and an owner of a week has to be willing to rent it out.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...