5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2008 1:03 AM by denisethom1 RSS

Marriott in Thailand

christophere Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I have had the good fortune to stay in all the major Marriott properties in Thailand. My favorite has to be the JW in Phuket. The lobby is awesome with a huge infinity pool that is not for swimming! It is just for effect. The hotel adjoins the Marriott Vacation Club, which has the finest apartments of any Marriott time-share project I have seen. The décor is loaded with teak and Thai silk and the tropical gardens leading to the beach are idyllic. If you want to know more about the Marriott properties in Thailand go to my website www.thailandtopics.com where there is a description of all of the properties. Words of advice: Some times, you will find attractive deals on the Marriott website where you are better off paying for a room and not using valuable Marriott reward points. You will find the prices of the Thailand hotels and resorts a lot lower than comparable properties in the U.S.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott in Thailand
    denisethom1 Platinum
    Don't miss the $10.00 massages on the beach.. Ask for SUMA.  I've been there twice and look forward to going again.  The 24 hour plane trip isn't so great , but the JW Marriott in Phuket is superb.  5:00 happy hour 2 for 1 is a hoot!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

kevintraveler Silver

Hi Denise,

I just joined the insiders forum and read your posting about Phuket, which is a destination that I have been thinking about. Have you been to the Maldives??

denisethom1 Platinum

I have never been to Maldives.  What's it like?

Denise

kevintraveler Silver

Hi Denise,

I chose this color font because it is the color of the water in Bermuda, which Is where I just came back from. Have you been to Bermuda?? I am from New York and it is hard to imagine that such a beautiful place is only a one hour and half plane ride!! However, the Maldives is NOT a one and half hour plane ride, but it is absolutely stunning. Are you a diver?

denisethom1 Platinum

Hey Kevin,

I've been to Bermuda a couple of times, but not recently.  The water is beautiful there, but the exchange rate is not as nice.LOL  I've snorkeled but never got certified to dive.  I live on the water in Florida and there are a lot of places I could go for it, but I just never did. My daughter almost talked me into it when I was in Thailand, but I chose the cave kayaking instead.  That was fun!~

Can you get a  good price  to Bermuda on the  air fare from NY? or do you use points? What part of NY do you live in?  I used to travel there every month or so when I worked for a company there.  I love going to plays and all of those great places to eat!

I can't remember if I mentioned I just got back from Peru recently.  The Marriott in Lima is outstanding.  Too bad it is the only one in the country.  I climbed Machu Piccuh... I won't do that again.  Once was great, but that was enough.  The altitude is so high it is very hard to breathe.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...