5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 18, 2008 9:57 AM by jessejames RSS

jw marriott beach status

leydonpare Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We have stayed at the JW Marriott 3 times in the past and loved it.  I heard that the beach is gone?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: jw marriott beach status
    jasperjugan Gold
    which resort is this?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

dmilton Platinum 1 Reviews
    I hope this is not correct. We will be at the JW for 10 days in February. If someone has been here recently we all would appreciate a reply.

traveler2 Platinum
    We were at the JW Cancun in August and the beach was fine.  It was narrow but it didn't seem rocky and the sand was good.  We didn't see a lot of people swimming in the ocean. I don't know if there was a reason for that. The pool was wonderful so that's where we spent our days. 

beachval Platinum
    If this is referring to the JW Marriott in Cancun, I was there in March 2008.  The strip of beach in front of the hotel was only enough to have a single row of chairs right up against the sea wall.  However, the pool area is wonderful!

jessejames Platinum 1 Reviews
    I was at the JW in CanCun in June 2007 and the beach was a narrow strip then.  That was right after the winter and fall 2006 hurricanes and all the damage they caused to Mexico.  The riptide there is tremendous and will suck you right back in.  You can see the settp drop off when you get in the water, obvious that the beach was longer and better.  Wander out a little and the sand rises up again.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...