3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 23, 2008 1:02 PM by gfidler1 RSS

Coronado Island Marriott

searchingbliss Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone stayed at the Coronado Island Resort?  Is it the best Marriott in San Diego for a beach lover?  Are the rooms nice?  Anything anyone can share would be appreciated!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Coronado Island Marriott
    fablhof Platinum

I just returned from San Diego today. We stayed one day in the Coronado Island Marriott and 3 days at the Marina Marriott. The Coronado Marriott is on the bay side and really isn't a beach if you are a real beach lover.

We stayed in one of the Villas. It was a long way from everywhere and ok, but nothing spectacular. The pool was ok as well. The beach is on the other side of the island at the Hotel Del Coronado (not a Marriott). We moved to the Marina because of additional family members joining us and couldn't afford the points for rooms on Coronado Island. That was a lucky break for us because the Marina Marriott is vastly superior to the Marriott on Coronado Island.

In my opinion, Marriot doesn't have a great beach hotel in the San Diego area. We loved the Marina and drove to Mission Beach (15 min) for all the surf, sun and fun we could handle.  By the way, there is a no alcohol law on the beaches in Mission Beach/Bay area.

Have fun and let me know if you end up agreeing with my experience.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

cubbybear50 Platinum
    We have stayed at the Marriott on Coranado many times.  We love Coronado and enjoy walking (a bit of one) to the restaurants, etc.  I, too, love the beach and one has to go across to the Hotel Del side for that.  It is not a big deal and the pool is nice at the Coronado; we have also stayed at the Marina Marriott, which my husband prefers.  It is newer.  However, we do not go to San Diego for the beaches anyway.  There is so much to see & do there.  Hope this helps

gfidler1 Platinum 2 Reviews
    I have stayed there a few times and though it is a nice hotel, I don't think a beach lover is going to like it very much. It has nice views of the bay but you would have to drive a little ways to any beach.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...