6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2012 11:33 PM by retired RSS

Currently in Kauai

irishlass Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I am currently vacationing in Kauai..fabulous island, with this being our 10th year to visit.  We own at Waihoi Vacation Club and agree with previous comments about Kauai Beach Club but must add, the staff is WONDERFUl there.  We purchased  a week at the KBC for the exchange power and great price. Favorite place for sunsets include: bar at the Beach House in Poipu and restaurants or bar at Princeville Hotel and the Happy Talk Lounge at Hanalei Bay Resort. Loved golf at Kauai Beach Lagoons, very disappointed with the Prince golf course, best deal is to sign up for a scramble which most courses offer.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Currently in Kauai
    mt Platinum

Do we need a rental car in Kauai ? How is local transportation ....like Taxi or anything transportation? any suggestion?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

retired Platinum

I go to Kauai every year and we always rent a car. If you are only going to be in Kauai for two or three days and don't want to see the island you could stay at the Kauai Beach Club and not have to rent a car. You also might check on renting a car for the day if you are staying at the KBC as it is next to the the airport and they have a shuttle to and from the airport. You can just pick up the car at the airport and not have to pay for parking at the KBC.

mt Platinum

Thanks a lot for you suggestion. I may just rent for few days when I go aroud island. Thanks again.

deedee69 Platinum 1 Reviews

The courtyard in kauai is nice, quiet, inexpensive, spacious.  The problem with kauai is how boing it can get after sunset.  Having a car is needed to experience it all.  Renting a bike and riding along the shore is nice. 

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

deedee,

Thanks for sharing this with us!

Never been to Kauai, and have no plans to go, enjoy Honolulu and appreciate you post.

retired Platinum

If you are looking for night life I would consider Las Vegas but if you are looking for a great island to vacation at try Kauai. DeeDee is correct this isn't a hot spot to go clubbing.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...