2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 23, 2008 1:22 PM by bcmiami RSS

A  swindle using the Marriott Brand. A real dissapointment

bcmiami Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I guess I'm still Naive. I've been a Marriott (in one iteration or the other) customer for  about 60 years starting with my first visit to a Hot Shoppes restaurant when I was about 6. It's a brand I trust & when I get a solicitation from Marriott I trust it to be legitimate.

I am no longer able to do that.

Earlier this week I received a post card promoting what I thought was a Marriott division -I didn't read the miniscule type at the bottom of the card that says "this promotion is not sponsored by Marriott...."

The sender acheived exactly what they wanted, the Marriott Brand on a swindle. The ability to seemingly offer one thing & deliver something totally different. The ability to say "it said complimentry not free". The ability to put so many fees (in tiny print) that it would wind up costing more than it would without the "complimentary" flights, "Complimentary" rooms, "$300.00 in free gas" for attending.

IT HAD THE MARRIOTT NAME ON IT! I BELIEVED IT! I WAS A FOOL! 

This swindle was actually sent by a company called Elite Getaways. Whether or not what they did is legal, it is surely immoral, shady, & an insult to the Marriott brand.

I hope this post helps others here avoid this kind of false offer.

Bob

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: A  swindle using the Marriott Brand. A real dissapointment
    dwaneclif Platinum
    Sorry to hear that. I wonder if the Marriott heads know that someone is using the Marriott name for misrepresentation? Let me guess, the travel scam artists are located somewhere in Southern Florida (Boca Raton)?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: A  swindle using the Marriott Brand. A real dissapointment
    bcmiami Platinum

Good guess. Not Boca, a bit southwest of there. On Sample Road in Coral Springs.

And, YES, Marriott is aware of it. I spoke with someone in Bill Marriott's office the day after it happened, gave them all the details & sent them copies of teh material I received.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...