3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 29, 2015 9:45 PM by j22frosty RSS

Accessible Rooms

debmole Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Does anyone have favorite hotels for accessible rooms?  My partner is in a wheelchair and some of the Marriott hotels are woefully inadequate.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Accessible Rooms
    BLB Silver

My adult son uses a wheelchair and we have the same problem.  Today, however, I made a reservation through the Marriott "ADA Department."  A very nice lady named Terry helped me find a Marriott property in our destination city (Christmas visit to Grandmother) that had a roll-in shower and she got it reserved for us in just a couple minutes.   She contacted the hotel itself to confirm the availability.  It was quite easy for me to make this reservation.   Terry understood the issues, as she has a person in her own family who works with disabled folks.

So, if you are having trouble finding an accessible room call the ADA Department, which is reachable through the Marriott reservations number,  1-800-321-2211.     

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

The MIami dadeland Courtyard in Miami, FL is excellent for this.

j22frosty Platinum 1 Reviews

We recently stayed at Ocean Pointe in Palm Beach Shores (Singer Island, FL) and were very pleased with the accessibility features of our 2 bedroom condominium (timeshare).  The master bathroom had a roll-in shower and access to the main patio was very easy because there was no threshold.  Staff immediately brought us any additional equipment that we requested.  We were truly amazed and so thankful when we found we could borrow a specialized "beach" wheelchair with extra large wheels for the sand.  The whole experience was more than we ever dreamed for and we can't wait to go back next year!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...