7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 21, 2016 6:21 PM by jm1991 RSS

Silver Elite Room Upgrades

jasperjugan Gold
Currently Being Moderated
Do silver elite get room upgrades too once in a while? If so, how?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Silver Elite Room Upgrades
    jasperjugan Gold
    any success stories? :)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

goravens Gold
    Its hit or miss, I can't figure it out.  I've booked a trip using points and have offered to pay cash for the upgrade, but no luck so far.  Still working on this for a pending trip.  Will let you know.

kass Silver

Resurrecting this question hoping for some input.  I am new to this game and am Silver.  I have not been offered a room upgrade and so far haven't thought of asking for one.  If there has been success by others I will try asking in the future I think.  Please let me know if anyone has been given an upgrade as a Silver.

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

Silver Elites can and do get upgraded occasionally, but it may take a little work. I've been upgraded twice in the past few years, and both times it was because I contacted the hotel ahead of time. We like to travel to celebrate our anniversary, and twice -- once in Wilmington, NC, and once on Amelia Island, FL, -- I contacted the hotel and requested that some type of modest welcome gift be waiting in our room upon arrival: a bottle of wine, a fruit basket, something. I told them I wanted it to be a surprise for my wife, and if need be, they could add it to my bill.

Both times not only did they provide a very nice, complimentary welcome gift and anniversary card, but they also surprised us with an upgrade to a suite. So it can happen. And it certainly never hurts to ask -- the worst that can happen is that they say, "Sorry, there are no upgrades available currently." 

And welcome to Rewards Insiders!

peymanagement Platinum

I was a silver for quite a few years, that was mainly because my business took me to remote Quebec, remote Ontario and the area around Lynchburg Virginia, so I used Wyndham because it was more likely to find a Super 8 (Wyngate in Lynchburg) than any Marriott brand. I did not know enough to ask for upgrades as a silver but did get a nice one in Ottawa, corner Jr Suite overlooking the government buildings. What I often asked for and was always granted was late check out, which I found valuable. It never hurts to ask, but even now that I have maintained plat for a few years, I still don't ask. Most times I really don't need a suite, but almost always I get some recognition.

jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

i was a silver for a while and always received upgrades by asking nicely. Not suites, but high floor, larger room, even a Jr suite once and also complimentary cheese platters (those i ordered on the mobile concierge and meant to pay for, but at check out the FD said they had been taken off the bill) . I think it all has to do with how busy the hotel is during your stay and the way you present yourself to the front desk. Be friendly, cheerful, share how exited you are about your stay and the good reviews you have read on tripadvisor, also depends on the front desk and their attitude and mood lol . Do not be demanding and feeling like you are entitled to upgrade. If you do receive an upgrade, its always good to pass by the FD and thank the person that checked you in, if they are still there.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...