15 Replies Latest reply: Aug 4, 2016 6:22 PM by iahflyr RSS

Marriott CasaMagna Puerto Vallarta

joseav Gold
Currently Being Moderated

If you are looking for a  great place to rest and enjoy a great service, Marriott CasaMagna in Puerto Vallarta  Mexico is the right Hotel.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott CasaMagna Puerto Vallarta
    sewettav Platinum 1 Reviews

We visited this resort in the April this year and enjoyed our visit.  The staff was pleasant and the service was adequate.  My only complaint was that we had to wait 2 hours for our room after requesting an early check-in for 1pm with our reservation, even at that we had to inquire to see if the room was ready.    It is in a good location as you are able to walk to the inland harbor for lots of restaurant choices for evening meals.  The resort has all the amenities you would expect in a caribbean resort.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

sewettav Platinum 1 Reviews

We visited this resort in the April this year and enjoyed our visit.  The staff was pleasant and the service was adequate.  My only complaint was that we had to wait 2 hours for our room after requesting an early check-in for 1pm with our reservation, even at that we had to inquire to see if the room was ready.    It is in a good location as you are able to walk to the inland harbor for lots of restaurant choices for evening meals.  The resort has all the amenities you would expect in a caribbean resort.

kduffy Platinum

It's too bad all these are so old.  We have been here several times and have had the bad experience of being treated more as an annoyance thank a valued guest.  After aaaaaa couple of years hiatis, we are returning.  Hopefully it will end up being a pleasant stay.  For thos of you who do not want to mingle with the locals, sticking around the area you will find pleanty of places to eat, rent boats, get massages etc.   But for the more daring, jump on a bus and go downtown.  There are some tourist areas there, but also pleanty of local culture.  Last time we went, we stayed in one of the local downtown hotels....it was great!

So, this time around we thought we would give Casa Magna another shot.  Trust me, if we have bad experiences.....I'll be back up here in a flash.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Hi Kduffy,

I hope you'll let us know if you have a good experience too.  Here's a link to a recent review of this property:

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/thread/11497

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

kduffy,

Try sending Simon Coulson, the Chief Concierge, a direct email before you go and mention that your are a Platinum member that saw the Marriott Review on the Marriott Rewards Insider Site, and that it mentioned to send him an email to ask whatever nice view rooms they might have available.  Simon has been extremely helpful to us!  Send me a direct message if you'd like his email address.

jettyjade15 Gold

Hi! Ill be going to the CasaMagna in January. Can you please share Simon's email?

Best,

Jade

Hi Jade,

Sent you a private message, and chatted with Simon, and he looks forward to hearing from you. You may have to identify our connection since he doesn't have your last name yet. Hope you have a nice Thanksgiving and a great trip in January!

Tim

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Simon is the very best for sure.  I've been in contact with him for a few special requests for a visit to PVR in early December.  He has been nothing short of wonderful and I look forward to finally greeting him upon arrival to the beautiful CasaMagna.

Thanks for the connection tryt53.

Always glad when I can help. I have gotten so much help from others here

jettyjade15 Gold

My stay was wonderful!!! Thanks so much:)

Been there 7 years in a row. We are hooked!

scottbizz Gold

Hello, we arrive this Saturday 2/13 for a 1week stay. First time to PV, although been to Cancun many times in recent years staying at Casa Magna and the JW. Am I reading correctly that we can request airport transportation through the Marriott? Or is this only for plats(we are lifetime gold)

You can request airport transportation at any level, and it can just be charged to your room (best way, since you get points when you pay your bill). Let me give you Simon's (Chief Concierge) direct email, if you direct message me?

Regards,

Tim

stackswood Gold

tryt53 We are visiting PV the 3rd week of September to celebrate our 24th anniversary. This will be our first time staying at the Marriott Casa Magna.  I am a gold member and was hoping I could arrange something special for my wife on our anniversary. I'm also interested in booking the airport shuttle. Could you please provide me with Simonds email so I can contact him to book the shuttle? 

Thank You

Steve

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Hi stackswood,

I will let tryt53 get you the email address for Simon, but you don't need a shuttle as the airport is a nice five minute taxi ride to the resort.  It will cost you $20 U.S.D or slightly less depending on the day, not more than $20 as I've been numerous times and that is all.

The key is to exit Customs and Immigration and walk right through the airport without stopping to speak to anyone.  Once you pass all those people with signs and such (even taxi signs, DO NOT STOP) you'll come to some automatic glass doors, go through those and then exit the terminal building into sunshine.  There you'll find plenty of taxi's and a sort of lead taxi fella who will get you a taxi, just tell them you're going to the CasaMagna and verify the fare.  He will get you a taxi and you'll pay the money as you exit the airport itself.  The taxi driver will ask for your money then and only then.  A short drive and you'll be at the resort.  Again, do not stop and talk to the timeshare people, tour guide people, taxi people inside the terminal as they are not there to help you other than empty your wallet. 

Let Simon set you up with any adventures you want to talk when you are at the resort and congratulations on your upcoming anniversary.  You will love the area and Marina.  If you'd like more information send me a DM and I'll be happy to give you what I can for the area.