3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 24, 2008 9:01 PM by relaxedeb RSS

Cancun...Which one?

traveler2 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We are taking our first trip to Cancun to spend our 25th anniversary and have reservations at both Marriott and JW.  I'm leaning toward the JW as they are always wonderful but the Marriott sounds nice as well.   They are both basically the same price so that is not an issue.  Have any thoughts?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Cancun...Which one?
    sandyb Gold
    Just got back on Sunday.  JW is definitely nicer but Magna has more Mexican feel.  I like the pool at JW better.  They are connected to easy to visit either.  Stay at Club 91 if you can.  We used points.  Staff was wonderful, great to have place for coffee and breakfasts and other meals are good too.  We did eat out occasstionally but you  could almost eat there only.  Also found great jewelry store in Cancun -- Lapis.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

motorcitykitty Silver

Hello from Detroit!

I have stayed at both Marriotts in Cancun as well as the Ritz Carlton.  JW is very nice.  It's more quiet and adult geared.  The breakfast buffet there is one of the nicest in Cancun.  The rooms are very nice. We stayed on Club 91 however, we weren't impressed. But once you stay at the Ritz Club nothing else compares.

The Casa Magna is a beautiful Hotel! The staff is outstanding and go out of their way to make your stay wonderful. The lobby is really nice very mexican style lots of marble and all open. They have a nice little coffee shop in the lobby to grab a coffee or sandwich/snack.  

Either one of the Marriotts are very nice.  Good luck and have a wonderful time. 

relaxedeb Gold 1 Reviews
    I don't know if you have already made your plans, but we just came back from a stay at JW for our 25th anniversary and it could not have been better.  My husband worked with the concierge to find a romantic evening and we ended up with dinner in a small tiki hut on the water (used for double massages during the day).  It was complete with flowers, lighting, music, the works.  The food was fabulous.  We did go over the the Casa Magna, but it always seemed a bit louder than the JW. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...