3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 17, 2008 1:54 AM by alwaysgone RSS

Maui Wailea

netmgr Platinum 7 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Wailea resort, Overall a xlnt hotel. Modern rooms, great service at the adult pool. Poor service at other. Great diving/snorkeling at beach

• Re: Maui Wailea
    ba_fan Platinum 1 Reviews

Just came back froma recent visit to the Wailea Marriott.

As far as rooms is concerned, the room itself was great: spacious and a nice view. However overall the hotel is overrated in my opinion and some staff members are unprofessional and/or don't understand what business travellers need.

For examples I need to make a number of conference calls so I ask the peron at the reception for the rate and the response is "I don't know" so after pressing them for an answer the best reply I get is "we can tell you after the call ....." . Even after going through the operator, they were still not able to tell me what the rate would be.

The other night we have a drink in the bar of the hotel and apart from the fact that $12 martinis seem to be over the top pricewise (just like $18 hamburgers) I have no problem paying for that if  it is good and that is where the problem was. Even though I specified how I wanted the martini prepared, I received a martini that had different ingredients and after asking the waitress if there was any alcohol in there at all the literal answer I got was "there is definitely alocahol in there because I tasted it myself". I'm sure she meant she tasted from what was left in the shaker but still kinda strange that staff tasts the drinks during worktime. My point though is that I had to argue with her before she would take it back instead of respecting my opinion and get a new one.

The next night we decided to try the bar again (not for martinis though) and then at 10:30 while still 5 tables outside are occupied, they shut off the lights and start cleaning up while the place is supposed to be open for a while. After complaining they switched the lights back on however this just should not happen at a Marriott in the first place.

Last but not least, Wailea Marriott has outsoured the towelstands to Expedia. Although in general the service was good, there were a few occasions where we had to wait like 5-7 minutes for a the person to give us towels because their primary concern is not the towels but selling tours to the quests. 

As always Hawaii is great but this was the worst experience I have had with Marriott since all my years as frequent guest and would therefor not return to this particular Marriot property . 

BA Fan 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pavehoser Platinum 1 Reviews

we are scheduled to go to Maui for our anniversary in April.  i would be curious is there are any other comments about the Wailea, as that is where we currently have reservations.  i would also request any recommendations on attractions on Maui... thanks in advance...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

alwaysgone Platinum 1 Reviews

My wife an I were there  2 years ago.  Wonderful facility, great views.  Though Maui is fairly small, much of the island activity is up in Lahiana which is a 30 minute commute to the north west side of the island.  Again, the facility is great, good service and all truly tropical.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...