3 Replies Latest reply: May 7, 2013 11:38 AM by psudad RSS

Ghent, Belgium in early Spring

ironmen52 Gold 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Last spring my wife and I used Marriott Points for a week's stay at the Ghent Marriott, in the middle of old Ghent.  What a beautiful location and a great staff. Although the weather was typical Belgium with some days having sun, rain, snow, and windy conditions one after the other, we still managed to thoroughly enjoy our time there.  We loved the Belgium Waffles and other typical foods to include a really neat soup restaurant which we went to more than onc time.  We drove to Oostend on Easter and the whol town was alive with pedestrians and even had a community band performing in the square even though the temp was about 40 degrees with a 20 mph wind blowing.  By all means, try the Ghent Marriott...you won't regret it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Ghent, Belgium in early Spring
    fordprefect Platinum 2 Reviews
    Can't agree more. My wife and I stayed there over the pentecost weekend this spring. If you have a chance, get the junior Suite. It's absolutely worth it. One of the nicest Hotels of the Marriott chain I stayed in yet (beaten only by the Renaissance Chancery Court, London).

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

We are going in April.  Can you remember some of the restaurants you visited?

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

Ironmen52, could not agree more.  Got back a week ago from 5 nights in the Ghent Marriott and 2 nights in the Brussels Marriott and had a fabulous time.  I put a huge trip summary and tons of pictures on Insider last weekend.

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/message/80437#80437

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...