1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 10, 2008 5:04 PM by jhaimowi RSS

Improve reservation system for Reward Members

samm8910 Platinum 5 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Recently, I have tried to get reservations for a convention in San Diego next year. To my frustration (and 3 emails and 1 call) I was told the convention itself blocked some of the rooms and the rest would not be released to the "public" until later.

Somehow, I thought being a loyal customer, reward member (elite), and an MCVI owner would make me a bit more than just a member of the "public". MAR really needs to look at how special it wants reward members to be, after all if they want us loyal on their terms, they need to reciprocate.

• Re: Improve reservation system for Reward Members
    jhaimowi Platinum 5 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Samm8910, 

Thats jut not realistic. As an event planner, I often book large events and I have to book large blocks of rooms for guests.  If I cannot get a guaranteed block of rooms, then I have to go to a different hotel.  It is just like booking one room - I have to hold them with my credit card and if I don't use them all then they get released back to the public.  If the rooms are not re-booked, then I have to pay for them out of my pocket.  The hotels are good about not overbooking, but like anything else, it's first come, first serve.  

Marriott has been a great chain to book events with.  They are reasonable, and if somebody has a room booked, they would never bump somebody to hold a large event.  So how about giving the hotel a break when they show event planners the same courtesy   

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...