2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 21, 2008 8:57 PM by tarjam12 RSS

With only 30 hours in Berlin, what MUST I visit?

cls103058 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I'm visiting Germany the first week of September.  I'm arriving in Berlin at noon and leaving at 6:00 p.m the next day.  With only 30 hours in Berlin, what MUST I visit?  I've been to Berlin twice before, but that was before the wall came down.  I'm staying in the area of the Brandenburger Tor and Reichstag.  I know this is incredibly different today than my last visit in 1984.  I am traveling with someone who has never been to Berlin.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: With only 30 hours in Berlin, what MUST I visit?
    sarhamden Gold
    The new holocost memorial is a must.   Also the museum of terror on the site of the old SS/Gestapo headquarters as well as the checkpoint Charlie museum (considerably expanded). All are close to the Brandenburg gate.  

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: With only 30 hours in Berlin, what MUST I visit?
    tarjam12 Platinum
    For me every time I return I stand in awe of the Berlin wall. Such misery, and separation of entire families. Berlin has flourished since that time and the people are marvelous. Walk the wall all the way from Checkpoint Charlie to the Brandenberg Gates. Past the Jewish memorial (and the new US embassy) on the Reichstag Have fun..

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...