5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 9, 2008 9:02 PM by entrepeneur RSS

It doesn't make sense to me

delnorteone Silver
Currently Being Moderated
The more expensive the Marriott property the less you get. Fairfield Inn gets the most, free internet, free full breakfast etc.  The others get you less.
  • Re: It doesn't make sense to me
    hillbilly Platinum

I agree. As a matter of fact, I have sent e-mails to Marriott in the past asking for an explanation, but have not received one.

Maybe the powers that be will respond to your post.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

leetheflea Platinum
    Full Service Marriott has concierge lounge, breakfast, after work snack, and dessert.  Bigger, better exercise facilities.  I program all day, so never use Internet in the evening.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

dwaneclif Platinum

I have been thinking the same thing. I stay at Marriotts and Courtyards only when I have to since the Internet is not free and neither is the breakfast. I always stay at a Fairfield Inn where I can get the Internet and Continental breakfast for FREE; saving about $25 per day.

The criteria for me is clean sheets, a strong shower, sinks that drain, good A/C and Heat; and cable TV along with the Internet and breakfast. I do not care about the Picasso's hanging on the wall and do not want to pay for it

sorensend Platinum
    I agree especially being in a hotel 4+ nights a week, every week. I now am staying more at Hilton properties more and more like Home wood Suites and such as they cost the same but give all the things that Marriott seems to feel the need to charge for (breakfast, internet, etc.) and most offer a happy hour free buffet in the evening. I also am mainly looking for clean and comfortable, but its hard for me to justify $200+ a night when you get more at lesser $ hotels.

entrepeneur Silver 1 Reviews
     My brother and I often travel on business in USA and Europe. We find the Fairfield to also offer more than the higher priced facilities.  Makes little sence to us .

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...